Saturday, November 2, 2013

11.01.2013 Nine Weeks With Clark

11.01.2013

Today was an EXCELLENT day with Clark!

He fussed very little, lots of smiles and somehow, he seemed just a little bit more...oh what's a good word...AWARE of stuff.  Aware that being put down for a nap in the swing was what he wanted and he should just go ahead and shut his eyes without fussing...aware that if I left the room, he wasn't being abandoned forever...aware that he COULD stuff that fuzzy stuffed dog into his mouth with his hands but perhaps it wasn't the best option.  :)

Here is a picture of Clark in his crib.  After each diaper change, I put him in there for a bit while I wash my hands.  At first, he was NOT happy with the crib, but now that it's part of our diaper routine, he seems to be ok with it (most of the time.)  He lies there and looks at the ceiling light, watches the pattern on the blanket I drape over the side to see just what it might do, and occasionally I catch him looking at a stuffed animal with interest.


I'd read about babies being taught signs to indicate what it was they wanted before they could actually talk.   I didn't do that with my boys, so i thought I'd try it with Clark.  If he is acting like he wants to be picked up, I throw my arms in the air, wave my hands around and say "whoo hoo!  Clark!  Put your hands in the air and say Pick Me Up Grannie!  Pick me up!"

and yes, he looks at me like I've lost my mind, but the past two days, he DOES put his arms up in the air and waves them around!  Now, whether it is to protect himself from me OR whether he is mimicking me I'm not sure, but either way, if he throws his hands up in the air, I pick him up!

Which is what he wanted.  so it's all good!  Below is a picture of him as he's lowering his arms.  Yep, it was hard to get a picture of his arms in motion while mine were also in motion  but after about 10 shots, I managed to get a decent one. and yep, he got picked up and hugged!

No comments:

Post a Comment