Monday, November 4, 2013

11.04.2013 Nine Weeks with Clark

11.04.2013

Mondays are hard.

You'd think I would be fresh from the weekend, but I seem to get tired really fast on Mondays.   Clark does too.  Maybe because he is adjusting on Mondays to the absence of his parents (for ONLY 8 hours!!!), maybe he doesn't really want to adjust to the way I do things and hey, maybe the time change had something to do with it (yep, I napped during one of his naps)... but hey, today was hard.  He had a major meltdown in the middle of the day - I'm gonna say he shrieked for the joy of shrieking.

except, really...it wasn't joyful at all.  not...at...all...

He was angry and he didn't appreciate it at all when I put him down..when I picked him up...when I didn't give him a bottle...when I gave him a bottle...when I put him in the swing..when I took him OUT of the swing.

His friend the Ceiling Light didn't even make him happy.  sigh.

On the other hand, when he wasn't shrieking, he was smiling and practicing mouth movements and ALMOST laughing occasionally.  He has certainly learned how to flap his hands around, and if his hands aren't in his mouth or clasped in front of him like a monk, he's flapping his arms and hands.

He spent some quality time in his crib today after one of his diaper changes.  I hung over the side and we smiled at each other and practiced our word formation  :)  and later on, I put him in there after he fell asleep on my shoulder.  He slept for about 45 minutes and wasn't really shrieking to get out,,,more like letting me know he was disgruntled.  I talked as I neared the room "where's that baby!" and when i walked INTO the room i walked right past the crib ... "I know he's here somewhere!  where's that baby!  ohh there he is!"  and he smiled at me when I finally looked at him.  


We finally went for a walk in the afternoon and instead of using the stroller, I decided to try the baby carrier that straps him to my chest (yep, my back REALLY hurts right now.)  We walked about an hour - he slept for most of it, but I think he enjoyed being up high, being able to see everything.  At least, he didn't cry nor did he struggle at all when I was putting him into the harness.  Hmm, not quite sure why not.  I think the feeling of being encased in soft fluff makes him feel a little wary about what is going on.  He gets really quiet and still when he's all zipped up

what's with the scarf?  i used it to shelter his face from the occasional breeze. 









No comments:

Post a Comment