Wednesday, November 13, 2013

11.13.2013 Nine Weeks with Clark

11.13.2013

Naps at 8 am, 12 noon, and just now down again at 3 pm...sleeping for 90 minutes the first two times and hoping for 90 minutes this last time.  That would give Mary and Tim enough time to get into the house and relax for a change instead of turning instantly into Mom and Dad mode.  :)

Could this be a routine?  Here's how it went today...

Tim and Mary left around 7:30...we hang out until around 8 when he looks sleepy.  I wrap him into his bundle and then walk around the house, with his head in the crook of my elbow, his legs hanging over my right arm.   Bounce Bounce Bounce...Shhhh Shhhhh Shhhh Shhhhh.  He stares at the ceiling until he can't stare anymore and falls into a deep trance and then sleep.

He's been asleep for about an hour - I heat up a pan of water to nearly boiling and , and then when I hear his waking up noises (sucking, shrieking, yelling...it changes each time) I plop one of his bottles in the water to heat up.  We spend about 15 minutes getting him up from his nap...talking to his crib animals, getting him out of his sleep sack, checking his diaper and getting him into his clothes for the day.  Today?  A red thermal shirt and fuzzy gray pants and red socks!  :)

by the time we get into the kitchen, his bottle is warmed up; he gets plopped into his bouncer and fed his 4-6 ounces.  and then he poops.  Back to the bedroom for his hilarious diaper change routine and then an hour or so of playtime, reading books, etc.

Reaching for, but not quite grabbing some bug eyed little toys!


And then when he starts looking sleepy, we repeat!

Side note...this 3 pm nap only lasted until 3:30.  he woke up about 5 minutes after Mary got home.  I think he sensed her presence!

This morning we walked down to the Methodist church - they have a day care which I wanted to check out.  I'd met the day care director during our October strolls; I used their parking lot to do some laps while Clark was sleeping.  For this walk  I didn't bother with the stroller; just carried him.  He was NOT a fan of the brisk breeze or the sunshine in his face!  But he did like being carried down the street like a bag of potatoes. :)

I posted on FB yesterday

I just watched my grandson Clark fall asleep while smiling at a stuffed Cat in the Hat. PERFECT
Here's Clark with his friend, the smiley Cat in the Hat





No comments:

Post a Comment