Friday, December 13, 2013

12.13.2013 Nine Weeks with Clark

12.13.2013

It's Friday night and I'm home.  I keep hearing distant Clark crying!

Today?  Clark...the incredible non sleeping child!  Oh sure, today I actually put him down AWAKE for his naps and he actually fell asleep on his own...a MILESTONE.  But both times, yes only twice, he woke up after only @40 minutes of slumber.  Why?  oh heck, I don't know.  Could have been Charlotte the Cat sitting outside his bedroom door yowling; could have been the school bus that screeched past the house; could have been the fact that he hadn't filled his diaper at all, despite the gurgling I could hear coming from his tummy.

Could have been any of those, but really, i have no idea.  Whatever it was, he hardly slept today.  The upside to that was that he was in a great mood all day long, despite his being so sleepy.  A lot of the time he was content to just sit on my lap, or next to me on the floor, happy to listen to me read books. So at LEAST he wasn't awake and cranky!

He's tried a pacifier occasionally, but meh, Fingers are better!

This has been my office since October 14!  Every work space should have a bouncy baby in it!


No comments:

Post a Comment