Wednesday, December 4, 2013

12.04.2013 Nine Weeks with Clark

12.04.2013

It was such a fun day - Clark was in a fine mood and we're back in the swing of things after a few days of getting used to each other again.  He took 2 short naps this morning (each only 20 minutes long!) but stayed upbeat and cheerful while he was awake!

He's easier to put down for naps now - he was adamant that I was NOT doing it right for so long, but today?  Once he fell asleep bundled up and cuddled on my shoulder and twice he fell asleep in my arms, watching me as I paced around the house, singing silly songs to him, his head in the crook of my left arm and his legs slung over my right arm.  Nice, eh?

And then Tim came home at lunchtime and that made Clark very happy...

A few minutes after Tim left, Clark fell asleep and slept until 3:30...I was bottle ready!  and when I heard him muttering to himself, I snatched him up, plopped him in the bouncer and when he opened his mouth to let me know how DISPLEASED he was to be in that location, I plopped a nicely warmed bottle into his mouth.!

He was finishing that off just as his Mom got home.  Perfect timing!

He practiced all day long the art of the Roll Over but he's not quite doing it yet on his own.  Since babies are not supposed to be sleeping on their tummies anymore, he's not quite sure what to do when he gets there.  He FINALLY allows himself to put his head down, but usually it's STRAIGHT down, face into the blanket.  sigh.

OH OH, what do i do NOW?
Days like this make me realize anew how lucky I am to be able to stay with Clark for these weeks.  Of course, days like this also make me realize how creaky my back and knees are!

He's either trying to get OUT of that chair OR
he's practicing a bad 80's dance move




No comments:

Post a Comment