Tuesday, October 29, 2013

10.29.2013 Nine Weeks with Clark

10.29.2013

We're finally settling into somewhat of a routine...he's used to the bottle, he likes the bouncer lounge, I even got him to take a 2 hour nap in his swing, despite Charlotte the cat's diabolical plan to wake him and plunge me into despair!  He falls asleep, she saunters out of the bedroom and thought.".ahah!  he's asleep!  now she can pay ME some attention!"

Because she's somewhat of a weirdo, she didn't come into the kitchen where I was working..oh no, that would have been too easy.  She sat 3 feet from where Clark was snoozing and yowled.  YOWLED.  finally, i chased her back into the bedroom and shut her in.  he woke up briefly during the yowl fest, but managed to suck his fingers until he fell back into oblivion.

Clark is getting used to me, and I'm getting used to him.  I'm seeing his little signs regarding what he wants and I either give him what he is desperately needing BEFORE he shrieks OR I switch his attention to something else BEFORE he shrieks.  Oh yes, it's all about the shrieking.  I'm not liking the shrieking.

I found out today he likes listening to people talk to him over the phone.  He smiled at my friend Scott's voice and he also listened and grinned at Linda Scott, a client of mine.

I took a few pictures today and can't decide on just one, so i'll include them all!

Oh the first one is from yesterday.  Every time I look at it I laugh..so i must include it.  Look at that frown!

being contemplative,  holding onto a blanket he finds very interesting

practicing his vowels... he said coo today and smiled like a maniac after

 we headed out for a walk around 6 while his parents headed out to celebrate Tim's birthday!  He looks really cute in that soft striped outfit, and he charmed the lady at the pumpkin patch down the street with his blue eyes and his big smiles.  He's sound asleep right now, in his bassinet, with his rain storm machine blocking out the sound of Charlotte, the cat yowling in the front room, irritated because she can't get in there.  


No comments:

Post a Comment