Monday, October 21, 2013

10.21.2013 Nine Weeks With Clark

10.21.2013

First day of Week Two went rather well!  Tim and Mary persevered with the bottle over the weekend, and today, Clark...after some initial grousing...managed to suck down 3 bottles of milk!  He's got the technique down AND manages quite a nice belch all by himself afterwards.

Another big step today,,,he fell asleep unaided while laying on the play mat.  I'm not saying he was extremely happy about it, but he did it!  and when he woke up, he was fairly happy.

Yesterday I visited Buy Buy Baby, a store with a plethora of baby stuff...anything a kid might want..you can get it at this place.  They even sell arm chairs suitable for comfy cuddling and feeding of the child!  So before I drove here last night, I stopped in and picked out a bouncer/lounger type chair for Clark.  This is a sturdy seat that can be put on a counter, a kitchen table, etc...so that he can be near his adult but not necessarily ON his adult.  It also has a little light show, . two pull toys,  and various songs that will play over and over.

I wrote all that so I can log the next big step!  I had work to do today, so i set up my laptop and his new lounge chair on the kitchen table.While I typed, he chortled, listened to music, watched the light show with glee, and occasionally looked out the kitchen window.  I eventually fed him a bottle while he was in the chair, and then voila!  he fell asleep!

And he woke up to the light show and a colorful plastic toucan and a red monkey.  And he was fairly happy.

A Good Day overall!


No comments:

Post a Comment