Sunday, September 16, 2012

09.16.2012 Abby the Dog

09.16.2012

This is Abby the Dog. 

 Scott's puppy dog.  

 Nearly 13 years of age, she's been failing lately.  Not eating, barely drinking, content to curl up on her cushion outside on the back porch or at Scott's feet.  Only finding the energy to pound her tail on the floor in appreciation of a pet or an ear rub.

Scott made the hard decision this morning to let her go.  He took her to the vet, held her during the brief examination and talked to her while she slipped away after the injection.  He told her she was a "Good Dog."

And she was.  One ear up, one ear down, she welcomed me into Scott's household with the big heart Dogs have, mooched food from me when Scott wasn't looking, kept me company when Scott wasn't in the house.  He said she loved me as all dogs love most humans, but honestly..she LOVED Scott as her Best Friend.

Scott made the right decision, hard as it is.  

Why can't society be that humane to our human loved ones?  Why must a sick or old person be forced to go to the very bitter end, instead of being able to choose for himself the time for his passing? 

Anyway. I've been doing a lot of saying goodbye and missing lately.  I'd appreciate it if I could stop for awhile and just say "Hello" and "See you Next time."




No comments:

Post a Comment