Thursday, October 27, 2011

10.27.2011 Afternoon Musings

November 1 is the 1st anniversary of my divorce.  After being married for 28 years, this first year of NOT being married has been interesting.  After all, I was married to Dan longer than I was NOT married to Dan.

I can't remember the last time I cried over my divorce.  The other day I cried.  But not over my divorce.  My Mom and Sister were in IL for a wedding and for some stupid reason, I never thought once about staying in IL for a few days to enjoy their company.  Not until I was nearly back home here in Indiana.  I was tired, I was happy I'd seen everybody, I was sad I didn't stay longer, and just frustrated in general.

So I cried.  What a relief to realize that I wasn't crying over the divorce!  :)

Monday, October 31st is the last day I'm officially a renter of my Beech Grove apartment.  I'm moving on, sharing a home with a friend.  We've spent the last month working on his house, taking advantage of the emptiness to redo floors and rip out/insulate/wash/paint walls; he's also had some time to sort his stuff out before my stuff showed up, looking for a merge.  Really, Tuesday, November 1, is the first day of my new life.  I've spent an entire year November 1 - November 1 thinking, crying, working things out, coming to grips, and yep, I can honestly say, I'm ready finally to move on.

The entire year of 2011,  I took a picture a day and posted it on Facebook.  I am so happy I have that, because it became a chronicle of my OLD life.  BD.  Before Divorce.  Before the house I'd spent 18 years in was sold, before my children grew up, before I was all befuddled about what to do now.  I took pictures of the birds I saw out my kitchen window as I washed dishes, I took pictures of my flowers and trees and bushes I'd worked on for years, and I took pictures of some of the people in my life.

I think I'm going to make the attempt to do another Pic-a-day, starting with November 1, 2011...the first year of my NEW life.  I'll post them here as well as on FB.  Hmm, I'm heading to Lafayette tomorrow - mebbe I'll start tomorrow..just a few days early.  The Purdue Campus should be pretty and my cousins are meeting up with my son and his wife for a campus tour.  I just might.

1 comment:

  1. You go girl. Starting anew is quite an adventure! Having your comfort zone ripped out from under you is a very scary thing. You can do this.

    ReplyDelete