Friday, October 14, 2011

10.14.2011 Where did the past 26 years go?

A friend of mine posted today on FaceBook today that her son was newly 18 years old - and where had the last 18 years gone?

I countered with "where has the past 26 years gone? 

And where are my little boys?" 

I miss my herd of little boys.  Oh I love the men they've become, but I miss dreadfully my pile of little boys.

They're all so grown up; two have wives and the youngest has a girlfiend.  Any apron string that attached them to me has long frayed away.  How has time passed so quickly that my Josh, Tim, and Sam are all grown up and gone?  On nights like this - when it's dark, windy and rainy outside, when I'm alone, and the laundry is sloshing and tumbling, I certainly wish I had a boy or two or three about, wanting some cookies or banana bread, fighting over who got to be my couch pal for the night. 











1 comment: