Friday, March 18, 2011

03.18.2011 where are the blogs I can read?

this is truly a silly post...but I was just reading Mike Dodaro's blog posts..and thought, huh - i will just click the NEXT blog link up at the top and see what I get!

Well, I clicked NEXT 17 times and each time I did the blog that appeared was in a foreign language. 

Wouldn't be so bad if I could read a foreign language, any foreign language at ALL...but taking one year of LATIN senior year in high school (which was omygoodness 36 years ago) does not in any way, shape or form equate any level of foreign language literacy.

Kind of wish I'd taken Spanish in high school - because it looked like each of those 17 blogs were written in Spanish.  But when I was a freshman in high school, I was given the choice between CHOIR, BAND or a Foreign language.  And I chose BAND.  Wasn't until I was a senior that I had an empty spot for a language - and seeing as Latin is supposed to be the base of so many words, I took that.

But you know, it seems to me really..that choosing BAND wasn't so bad after all.  Because I know people who actually took a foreign language for 4 years in high school, and if I asked them today to speak to me in Spanish or to read to me one of those blogs..they could not.  They've forgotten most of it.

And two nights ago?  I had my flute out, playing piano music written in the early 1900's.  And over the past 36 years, I've played my flute in church, in football AND basketball pep bands, AND I even got to play flute in the pit band for a few high school musicals. 

So actually, I guess I can say that I am fluent in Flute.  And since I started playing in fifth grade, I have been for nearly 45 years!   And I think that gives me more personal satisfaction than being able to figure out those 17 blogs.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment