Saturday, February 5, 2011

24 hour blog - hour 1 best of 2010

My son Tim and his friends came up with this idea of a 24 hour blog... i decided to join in the fun...however!  i broke my right elbow yesterday and so am typing with only my left hand.  this will certainly have an affect on my posts... ill have to be less verbose, which is a good thing.

first topic?  best of 2010.

hmm those that know me know that my marriage came to an end in 2010,,, so much of the year was spent weeping, wailing, soul searching and sorting through/weeding out of the accumulation of 28 years (9 moves, 4 states and three wonderful boys!)

so at first, the topic dismayed me!  BUT  after a bit of thought...i find i do have a list ... in no specific order...

1. Son #1 Josh took a bride in July...i was given the gift of a second wonderful daughter without having to go through the rigors of childbirth!

2. My 3 boys and their girls continue to amuse, astound and cause me to be continuously puffy with pride!

3. sabra spinach/artichoke hummus on dakota bread toast!

3. March 3 2010 - my mother turned 75 !  I flew to CA for her surprise birthday party

4. I moved into an apartment only FIVE minutes from my office!  a 5 minute commute!  whoo hoo!

5. size 12 jeans...SIZE 12! 

6. I completed the 2010 Picaday project.  this is especially important to me because many of my pics were taken in my yard, a yard i worked in for 18 years...flowers, birds, trees, children, family -its a record of what has/had been my life for 28 years. 

7.  I started a new phase of my life and as Josh said "its a new adventure Mom!"  a new place to live, a new relationship, new aspects of all kinds!  

so yep, I've got a best of List!

No comments:

Post a Comment