Saturday, February 5, 2011

24 hour blog - hour 3 childhood memory

No fair!  my childhood is soo far away!  

oh ive got one...

i am the 2nd of 4 kids, and my brother steve is 2 years younger than me... so i dont really remember being the "baby" of the family, being carried much, or being spoiled.

my grannie and gramps only lived like 20 minutes away, but we would be in the car long enough to fall asleep if it was dark and cozy and late... one night ...driving home i fell asleep in the back seat.  i have no idea how old i was.  we got home and the car light came on and i just couldn't rouse myself enough to move into the house myself.  so my Dad picked me up in his arms, tucked me in,  and carried me into the house.  I remember my brother jim saying  "she's awake, she can walk" but Dad just held me a little tighter and said.."it's ok.  i've got her."  makes me smile just thinking about it.

2 comments:

  1. This is an adorable story. I was going d'awwww the whole time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Matthew...this is one of my earliest memories and it always makes me happy when it pops into my head...

    ReplyDelete