Saturday, February 11, 2012

02.11.2012

http://3x3x365.blogspot.com/
Three Friends.  Three States.  Sharing One Photo Every Day

I dunno how I found this blog.  But it's written by 3 friends who live far apart.  It's the way they keep abreast of what is happening in each other's lives.   I find it amazing that they have the time to write something so perfect for each picture they post.  I take a  picture a day, but the captions I write are not amazing like these captions are.  

I'm going to try to start doing that with my pictures.

My third favorite son Sam is a 1st year grad student.  He is studying Creative Writing and teaching 2 sections of Freshman English.  When reading 3x3x365 this morning (and crying over some of the posts) (they're not SAD, it's just that my heart was touched and I cry) I thought that this type of thing might be a wonderful idea for Sam's classes.  

I don't know that his freshmen could do this, but they at least could try. Perhaps he could create a blog for each to post to on a weekly basis.  Or at the least a file somewhere and at the end, everyone gets a copy.  

My favorite teacher in high school was my senior English Teacher.  Mrs. Jane Bills.  she was quite the unique woman and an excellent teacher.

She had a piece of concrete on her desk entitled "concrete example", she had traveled widely and wore colorful Hawaiian dresses to school.   anyway - we had a weekly assignment.  It was a 100 word theme.  I do not remember exactly the requirements, but she'd give us a topic on Monday and the 100 word theme was due the next Monday.  It had to be exactly 100 words.  That's the only thing I remember about it really.  Probably 3 paragraphs only, opening, body and closing.  Opening statement had to have elements..you know all that stuff better than I do now.  

I really wish I still had my stack of themes.  they're long gone and I wish I had them.  I don't remember any of the topics.  I remember writing, then counting, then rewriting, then counting, slashing, counting.  

I guess my Pic-a-day pictures are my daily One Word Themes.  :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment