Saturday, December 4, 2010

Dec 04,2010

I'm in the midst of change!  A Scary, yet somewhat Exciting thing!  What to do?  Where to go?  My decisions, for good OR for bad!

Anyway - last night I went to a new restaurant with a new friend and after?  we went to an oldtimey type play.  Two  good decisions!

The new friend?  Ruth - mom of my son Sam's girlfiend! she's really nice and I am looking forward to more visits with Ruth!

The restaurant?   The Napoli Villa Italian Restaurant - Main Street..Beech Grove.  I had a bowl of really good soup - Pasta e Fagioli - something i think i could make with little trouble for Saturday afternoons.  hmm, i just searched for a recipe similar to what i ate - and wow - lots of versions!  this looks most similar - http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2008/02/italy-nduja-pasta-e-fagioli-recipe.html  Doesn't come with a specific recipe, but I betcha I can figure it out.

anyway - then we split a pizza...it was noted as a Margherita pizza on the menu and it was good...but nothing like the margherita pizza i had when in Italy.  (ah well, the search continues!)

The oldtimey type play?  It's a Wonderful Life , presented as a Live Radio Play, by the Spotlight Players... yes Beech Grove, Indiana  has a community theatre group ...The Spotlight Players... which comes complete with an oldtimey, small town theatre "the cultural hot spot of Beech Grove." 

It was very good - altho i have to admit, that now and again, due to my FULL stomach, I had to shut my eyes...yes, i was only shutting my eyes.   I was NOT catnapping...i wasn't.  No way I could have fallen completely unconscious, because of the uncomfy chairs AND it was just a little cold in there.

HOWEVER, the play itself, was excellent.  As noted, it was presented as if it was being aired on the radio.  The players played different characters - occasionally even changing character in mid conversation and having a conversation with himself!  AND with a couple of guys making the sound effects, like plunging a toilet plunger into a bucket of water to make the sounds of Clarence splashing in the water, and George Bailey jumping in to save him...opening and shutting a door to make the sound of ...well, the opening and shutting of doors  :)... and things like that.

Anyway - good time!  I'll post a recipe for the Pasta e Fagioli if i find a good one...

No comments:

Post a Comment